Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Monthly Update

I'm afraid I'm not a very good bloggist. Finding the time to actually update on our lives is proving more difficult that I thought it would.
In the past month:
I've started Zumba! I'm taking classes once a week at the YMCA with a friend that works in my building. It's AWESOME and the perfect introduction in to exercising for me.
I'm also doing fairly well on lessening my sugar intake and I've completely stopped drinking regular Coke. My new favorite friend is Coke Zero, but I try not to drink too much either. I've lost 7 pounds.
I told Abbey a joke:
Me: Why did the chicken cross the road?
Abbey: Why?
Me: To get to the other side!
Abbey: Don't you understand?!?! HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE BARN!
We experienced the "Scare Cut of 2011": Abbey begged me to cut her hair so that her bangs were out of her eyes. I'd been trying to grow her bangs out for about 2 years, and I don't know what made me agree to cut them, but I did. And I cried about it. Ok, more like I *sobbed* about it. It really isn't that horrible, honestly, but I still regret doing it. And I have since vowed never to cut my child's hair again. I'm leaving it to professionals.


We welcomed sweet Bennett June into our world on February 3. My sweet little step-neice! I can't wait to see her again!





We have also ALL (with the exception of Natalie *knock on wood*) have been sick! Abbey got sick first, and then me, and now Matt. We're all still recovering, but it's a horrible cold that just won't go away!

Valentine's Day was fun. Matt and I put together treats for the girls, and Matt got me flowers and Ferreo Rocher chocolates (my favorite!). We also had breakfast for dinner which is always a welcome treat!



We've had a couple more house-viewings, but no nibbles yet. The last person who looked really did love the house, but not the particular location. Oh well. It will happen when it's supposed to!

Next up: Abbey's FOURTH birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. That is the best answer to the chicken joke I've ever heard. :) Thanks for blogging. I'll add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update! You are a great blogger, just a real life mom! Thanks for sharing your fun times with us! Love the haircut story!! She's a cutie no matter what hairdo she has!

    ReplyDelete